When we think of common ailments (earaches, sore throats, congestion), many of the symptoms are treated by a specialized physician known as an ENT. ENT is short for ear, nose, and throat. ENT doctors primarily work to diagnose and treat disorders of the head, neck, ears, throat, voice box, and other associated structures of the body.
ENT physicians are among the most highly trained doctors in this country. The average training requires 15 years of education, including one to two years of residency before an ENT doctor can work on his or her own. If you are looking for a qualified ENT physician in the Boca Raton, FL area, Dr. Bradford Ress is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and Fellowship-trained in Otology, Neurotology, and Skull Base Surgery.
What Types of Symptoms and Conditions Can Dr. Ress Address?
If you have a child, you know that ear infection, nosebleeds, congestion, and sore throats are common afflictions that children have to deal with. While a pediatrician is a great first resource for addressing these ailments, an ENT doctor can often diagnose the underlying causes of your child’s symptoms.
Adults and children who have the following disorders and symptoms can benefit from a visit to our Boca Raton, FL office.
- Hearing loss
- Ear disorders (ear infection, dizziness, tinnitus)
- Deviated septum
- Swallowing disorders
- Speech disorders
- Sleep apnea
What Are My Treatment Options?
After Dr. Ress has conducted a thorough examination of your affected area, he will prescribe an effective treatment. Dr. Ress is qualified to perform a wide range of surgical treatments. Depending on your medical needs, you can benefit from any of the following treatments.
- Balloon sinuplasty: This safe and straightforward procedure places a small balloon near swollen and infected areas of the sinuses. When the balloon is expanded, the sinus cavity’s normal function is restored.
- Immunotherapy: Residents of Boca Raton are all-too-aware that lush vegetation has its drawbacks. RessENT/Boca Raton Ear & Sinus Surgery provides allergy testing and immunotherapy. Once our skilled allergy specialist determines which allergens are affecting you, you can be prescribed allergy shots or sublingual immunotherapy (allergy drops). Both treatments are proven to reduce the symptoms of allergies.
- Audiology: Many Boca Raton residents rely on our skilled audiologists to diagnose and treat hearing-related problems. We work with the latest diagnostic equipment, and our audiologist is trained at a doctorate-level. Our office also offers rehabilitative services such as hearing aids, hearing assistive technology, counseling, and balance rehabilitation. The goal of our audiology department is to help our patients lead a richer, fuller life.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery: There are multiple reasons why a patient may not be a good candidate for balloon sinuplasty. One alternative treatment is endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS). One of our physicians will utilize an endoscope, which is a device used to see inside the body. During ESS, our doctor uses an endoscope to see the sinus openings. Micro-cutting instruments are used to clear the sinuses by removing any obstructions or abnormal tissue. When this is complete, the sinuses and the pathways will have been expanded, which will help with healing and returning the sinuses to normal function.
Work With a Qualified ENT Doctor in Boca Raton, FL
Due to Dr. Ress’ extensive training and qualifications, he can perform the following procedures in-office:
- Balloon Sinuplasty/Balloon Sinus Dilation
- Stereotactic Navigation
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Submucosal Resection of the Turbinates
- Allergy Testing
- Immunotherapy (Allergy Shots)
- Allergy drops
Dr. Ress is one of the most esteemed ENT physicians in the region. To schedule your next visit with our office, please contact us online or call (561) 353-7377.