Ress Hearing in Boca Raton, FL is dedicated to diagnosing and treating hearing loss. Our clinic offers hearing tests that use the latest in diagnostic equipment, and our professionally trained and licensed audiologist can recommend high-quality hearings aids. If needed, our staff can render services, including hearing assistive technology, counseling, or balance rehabilitation with the goal of helping each patient lead a fulfilling life.
Dr. Bradford Ress wants his patients to be up to date on trends and statistics regarding hearing loss so they can make informed decisions when seeking medical help.
Hearing Facts and Statistics
- Hearing loss ranks third among health problems facing older Americans.
- Around 20 percent (48 million) of Americans suffer from hearing loss.
- Nearly 30 million Americans could benefit from having hearing aids.
- One-quarter of adults in the United States have experience tinnitus for five or more minutes within the last year.
- Adults between the age of 20 and 69 are twice as likely to have hearing loss as women of the same age.
- The greatest levels of hearing loss are experienced between the ages of 60 and 69.
Statistics Related to Children
- Between two and three out of every 1,000 children are born with detectable hearing loss.
- The vast majority of deaf children are born to hearing parents.
- 15 percent of school-aged children have some degree of hearing loss.
Statistics Related to Hearing Aids
- Nearly 4 million hearing aid units were dispensed in the United States in 2016.
- The average age for first-time hearing aid wearers is 70.
- A large percentage of individuals wait 15 years between the time they first notice hearing loss and when they purchase their first hearing aids
Data From the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- 13 percent of individuals aged 12 and older has hearing loss in both ears.
- Fewer than 30 percent of adults over 70 who could use hearing aids have ever worn them.
- Five out of six children have experienced an ear infection by the time they are three.
- As of 2012, 58,000 cochlear devices have been implanted in adults and 38,000 in children.
- Age is the strongest predictor of hearing loss.
Audiology Services We Offer
Our staff offers the following services:
- Comprehensive hearing tests
- Screenings for children and adults
- Custom hearing aid fittings
- Counseling on the use of hearing aids
- Minor on-site repairs (usually within 48 hours)
- Custom hearing products (earplugs, swim molds, hearing protection)
Contact Ress Hearing Today
If the speech of others has become muffled or muted or if you have difficulty hearing conversations against background noise, you may be experiencing hearing loss. The symptoms of hearing loss can be difficult to recognize at first. Millions of Americans who can benefit from hearing aids go without them because the patient’s hearing loss has not been properly diagnosed.
Our skilled audiologists can quickly and accurately diagnose your symptoms. To schedule your consultation at Ress Hearing, contact our Boca Raton, FL office online or call (561) 353-7377.